You’ve no doubt heard online business owners touting the many benefits of membership sites. But did you know that membership site software is a powerful tool that serves dozens of uses beyond the typical model? Take a look at some of the innovative ways our clients are using membership sites in their online businesses.
Nine Membership Site Software Uses You Should Consider
- Sell physical products – The best membership site software includes shopping cart functionality along with affiliate management, so all you need is the product to sell!
- Sell one-off digital products. Just because it’s a membership site doesn’t mean people have to actively participate month after month. But let’s face it, if they already have an account, they’ll be more likely to buy your next product.
- Set up a credit system where members can buy credits which they can exchange for product. This is perfect for PLR sellers, graphic designers, or even virtual assistants who are looking for an easy way to manage clients on retainer.
- Use membership site software to manage a self-help group or 12-step program. Rather than adding new lessons each month, reward members with badges or certificates to commemorate their accomplishments.
- Manage your club or group activities. Make activity schedules, lesson plans, and handouts available through your website, and take advantage of the built-in mailing list capabilities to stay in contact with club members.
- Service providers, set your customers up with a membership and use the file protection function to securely transfer files. Plus, you can easily e-mail all your customers when you’re having a special, going on vacation, or adding a new service to your line-up.
- Coaches, use your membership site to add value to your services by providing clients with additional learning material, just when they need it.
- Private forums and mastermind groups – sometimes you just need a private space to get real answers to your most pressing questions. When Google isn’t cutting it, a private forum or mastermind group might be your ticket to success – no matter what the question.
- Software vendors – If you’re selling software as a service (SAS), then a membership script makes it easy to keep track of users’, collect payments, and provide updates to your software. Even if you’re product is a stand-alone script, if you charge for ongoing support or upgrades, membership site software is the perfect vehicle for keeping it all straight.
Before choosing software for your business, it pays to do some research. The best membership scripts provide amazing flexibility that makes them work with virtually any business model you can imagine, so be sure to look for a solution that’s powerful enough to handle every task without the need for add-ons or plugins. Also, your membership site software should have a strong support system and a history of stable development. Now is not the time to try out the latest and greatest beta version. Stick with the tested, proven solutions for best results.
Ready to start a membership site but don’t know where to turn for help? Check out the affordable tech support solutions at http://allqualitywebsites.com .
Photo By ttarasiuk